CBCT stands for Cone Beam Computed Tomography and is a special type of X-ray equipment. It allows us to view the teeth, soft tissues and bone in three dimensions (3-D).
Dental CBCT scans are a much lower dose of radiation than a medical CBCT scan. The patient will stand to have the scan done and normally takes twenty seconds.
We can use CBCT scans for the following:
- Dental Implant placement: CBCT scans enable us to assess bone levels in more detail in comparison on traditional radiographs. They also let us see where important structure such as sinuses and nerves are, so we can place dental implants in safe areas.
- Removal of impacted teeth: A CBCT scan be useful to see where an impacted tooth is to ensure safe removal and to see its relationship to nerves and sinuses.
- Orthodontics: CBCT scans can be useful in planning tooth movements in orthodontic cases
- TMJ joint: The TMJ (jaw joint) can be visualised in a greater deal of detail enabling us to assess any potential issues.
Single visit crowns, onlays and inlays are now an option at Shine. Where in the past we would need to take a mould and then send this to the local Dental laboratory for this to be constructed. Patients now do not have to wait 2 weeks for the restoration to be made.
Cerec enables us to make tooth coloured restorations in a single visit. There is no need for messy uncomfortable impressions as the tooth is scanned using our digital scanner. The restoration is then milled from a ceramic block while you wait. The restoration is then finished and fitted at the same appointment.
Cerec restorations have the following benefits:
- Single visit appointment so less time at the Dentist
- No need for impressions
- No temporary restorations which you need to be careful about.
Saving our patients the discomfort of a conventional impression trays. We may take impressions using Omnicam, our small and lightweight scanner.
If you are a nervous patient and frightened of injections then here is the answer.
The SleeperOne digitally controlled anaesthetic system enables Dentists to numb your teeth with minimal discomfort!
SleeperOne provides gentle anaesthesia quickly and effectively so you need never be frightened or nervous about visiting the dentist again.