What is Invisalign?
Let’s talk about Invisalign, the revolutionary orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth without the use of metal braces. This new dental solution relies on clear aligners made from BPA-free plastic and are individually manufactured to fit your mouth, gently pulling the teeth into the desired position – giving you the smile that you have always wanted.
It’s unsurprising that Invisalign has become the ideal solution for adults and teenagers who want to improve their smile, but don’t want to resort to traditional braces, with metal brackets or wires. Owing to the fact that the aligners are clear and made to fit your specific mouth, it is a more discreet and comfortable treatment. Moreover, the process of precisely aligning your mouth can be achieved in half the time it would take traditional braces.
Whether you are an adult who wants to turn that long desired dream of a better smile into a reality or a parent exploring orthodontic treatment for your teenager, Shine Dental Clinic is here to help you decide if Invisalign is the right choice for you.
What Does Invisalign Fix?
At Shine Dental Clinic, we use the highly effective, clear Invisalign aligners to treat overbites, underbites, open bites, cross bites, overcrowded teeth, and to close gaps between teeth. To determine if this is the right orthodontic treatment for you, our Invisalign-trained dentist starts each treatment by meeting with you online or face-to-face to discuss your needs. Our next goal is to faciliate an examination and x-rays that will more holistically enable us to develop the right treatment plan for your future smile.
What Does It Feel Like To Wear Invisalign?
The routine of wearing Invisalign is simple. Once you’ve received your aligners, you merely place them over your teeth and wear them every day and night, removing them only to eat, floss, and brush your teeth. That said, what is the experience of wearing the aligners really like?
Each set of aligners that you receive for your treatment is worn for two weeks before switching to the next set. Don’t be worried if they feel snug or mildly uncomfortable at first, because they are designed to gently and precisely move your teeth into a new position. This is especially true of your first set of aligners. After a few days of wearing each set, though, you will notice that your aligners feel a little loose as your teeth slowly but surely move to a new position and for that reason it is well known that one of the best reasons to invest in Invisalign is how comfortable the treatment is. Of course, should you feel more significant discomfort or pain, please talk to us so that we can examine your teeth, gums, and aligners to ensure a proper fit.
How Long Will Your Treatment Take?
The usual length of time for an Invisalign treatment plan is one year, however the treatment period varies based on a few factors, such as your age and specific needs. Depending on these factors, you could start seeing results anywhere from between three and 18 months.
To manage our patients’ expectations, we only provide estimated treatment times once we have thoroughly examined your teeth and obtained x-rays and a 3D model.
How To Decide Between Braces and Invisalign
When you are considering the various orthodontic treatment options it’s important to understand the differences and advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces. In fact, there are many advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are clear, making them more discreet than metal braces and wires.
- The aligners are removable, so it’s easier to maintain good oral health as you remove them to eat, floss,and brush your teeth.
- The movement of your teeth is more precise with Invisalign than with traditional, metal braces.
- Invisalign is much more comfortable than metal braces and doesn’t irritate your teeth or gums.
- There are fewer check ups with Invisalign than traditional braces, which involves more frequent visits to change the arch wire and make adjustments.
- The treatment time with Invisalign is often shorter.
Where Does Your Journey Begin?
It all begins with a consultation with us to discuss your smile goals and confirm if Invisalign is right for your case, which can take place face-to-face or online. Next up is an examination, along with x-rays and a 3D model of your teeth using the iTero Element scanner so that we can form a personalised treatment plan for you. Not only are these images vital to determining your plan, but they are also used to manufacture your customised aligners. Additionally, the 3D model of your teeth will show how Invisalign progressively corrects your orthodontic issues over time.
Here is a brief look at the journey to your new smile:
- A custom treatment plan is mapped out with our Invisalign-trained dentist. It’s quick and we will let you know what to expect, as well as answer any questions you might have.
- You receive your Invisalign treatment plan along with your aligners to wear and attend regular appointments with us every six to eight weeks to check for fit and make any adjustments so that we stay true to your goal.
- Once your treatment is complete, we recommend you wear a custom-made Vivera retainer. This is a far superior retainer, designed to keep your teeth from inching back into their former position.
Shine Dental Clinic is Doing it the Right Way
Your new smile isn’t far away! Our clinic prides itself on treating all patients with the highest standard of care and is equipped with the latest, innovative dental technology to achieve this. Even so, it is truly our staff who are our greatest strength, providing excellence through our expertise, diligence and compassion.
Let our Smile Concierge team put you in touch with a specially trained Shine Dental Clinic dentist to start your Invisalign journey today! Simply book your FREE online or face-to-face consultation now by clicking here or call us 0142 055 0616.