Routine Dental Appointments
Your first visit to Shine Dental Clinic will start with a warm welcome from our reception team. You will then be invited into the surgery for your initial consultation with your dental team. This 40-minute appointment is all about your wishes or concerns and involves an extensive examination of your mouth.
- An examination of your TMJ (jaw joints)
- An examination of your periodontal health (gums)
- An examination of teeth, checking for decay, fractures, defective fillings etc.
- An oral cancer screening (checking your soft tissues)
- Radiographs (if necessary) to look for decay and the review of the health of your supporting bone levels are included in your new patient examination
- Clinical photographs
Our dentists will explain everything to you and answer any questions you may have.
At the end of your appointment, the dentist will advise you of any treatment recommended and how regularly you should attend to provide the best prevention against dental disease.
When you first attend the clinic we require you to complete a confidential medical history. This form is normally sent to you prior to your appointment.